Sandwiched in between a gritty housing estate and a gleaming redeveloped seaport is Ordsall Hall. The building is currently a tourist attraction that has survived eight hundred years of turbulent history by adapting to its surroundings. It has been a self-contained community, a family home, a working men’s club, a Clergy Training School and even a job centre.
As the more respectable Grade One listed Tudor Manor House, Ordsall Hall is exhibited as though still owned by the Radclyffe family under whom it enjoyed the most prosperity and development. In about 1510, Sir Alexander Continue reading